Once upon a time the only form of supplementation that was sold came in the form of steroids. Now, it would be fair to say things are changing.
People are taking their mental health much more seriously and as the title may have already given away, we are today going to hone in on your memory.
Of course, there have been all sorts of drugs doing the rounds over the years to help you boost this, but today’s advice will only focus on that advice which is green and natural. As such, sit back and read on to find out the eco-friendly ways you can boost your brain power.
- Method #1 - Sleep is the answer to everything
- Method #2 - The same rules apply to exercise
- Method #3 - Keeping on top of your stress levels
- Method #4 - The art of meditation
- Method #5 - Natural, vegan friendly nootropic products
- Method #6 - You might just need a rest
- Method #7 - Turn to paraphrasing
- Method #8 - Tap into Vinpocetine
- Method #9 - The potential wonders of Acetyl-l-carnitine
- Method #10 - The two F's
Method #1 – Sleep is the answer to everything
We are seemingly in an era where every possible health complaint can be answered by getting more sleep. As it turns out, the experts have been busy calculating what is the optimum level of sleep for the typical individual, with most research suggesting that this is around the eight-hour mark.
So, how does this boost your memory? Well, all of this research has also found that those who are sleep deprived are likely to experience decreased cognitive function – and this of course covers everything ranging from your focus to your ability to remember things.
Method #2 – The same rules apply to exercise
Just as sleep has been preached in all of the health journals over the last few years, so has exercise. This time, today’s article isn’t going to talk about how to keep your waistline in order, but more about how keeping active can preserve your memory.
If we turn to a study conducted in Neurology back in 2010, it was found that a six mile walk every week (and this doesn’t have to be in one go), can contribute to a better ability to memorize things for adults.
That’s not all, either. It was also found that exercise can slow down the process of your brain shrinking, which tends to happen as you get older.
Method #3 – Keeping on top of your stress levels
Just like the previous couple of points, something else that has been in the news a lot over recent times is managing your stress levels. When it comes to your memory, this is also very important, with studies suggesting that those who are suffering from day-to-day stress are more likely to suffer from a decreased cognitive ability.
Method #4 – The art of meditation
Again, let’s stay newsworthy with this next point. Meditation may have once been regarded as something of a fad, but now it is seen as the answer to a lot of health issues, with enhanced memory being one of these.
Nowadays, we live in the information age. Unfortunately, our brains just aren’t equipped to deal with huge amounts of this information, and this is where we struggle to comprehend and memorize certain things.
This is where meditation comes into the picture. It has been found that meditation will help you focus, meaning that you are more likely to remember “the important” bits of information that you come across. If you need some help along the way, a lot of people swear by Headspace for meditation purposes.
Method #5 – Natural, vegan friendly nootropic products
So far, we’ve talked about those suggestions which are quite often mentioned in the news to help with your general health.
This next point is a bit more specific to your mental health, with nootropics making some impressive advances over the last few years. Put simply, these are supplements which are designed to boost your general mental speed, meaning that they affect your focus and memory. Over recent times there have been some natural and vegan friendly solutions entering into the market as well, with Brain Pill and NooCube being a couple of the most common ones. For the purposes of a simple comparison, let’s break each product down:
- This has caught the headlines due to Ken Jennings, the 74-game champion of Jeopardy who uses the product.
- It will enhance your focus at day or night, lower your stress levels and just allow you to perform “at your best”.
- It uses tried-and-tested ingredients, like Huperzia Serrata, Gingko Biloba and Synapsa – which have been clinically proven to boost your brain’s performance.
- The product arrives with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- It retails for less than $110 for a one-month supply (shipping included), or you can save up to $80 by buying in bulk.
Brain Pill Reviews
- NooCube uses a blend of nootropics which have been proven to boost your focus and memory.
- The product has been sold to over 124,000 past customers; it has more than enough history behind it.
- Designed by neuroscientists, NooCube again uses tried-and-tested ingredients, with some of these even being considered for the likes of dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Like Brain Pill, you can also buy this product with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- NooCube retails for $39.99 for a one-month supply, as well as having free shipping. You can also get bulk discounts of up to $120.
Method #6 – You might just need a rest
No, this next point isn’t telling you to get even more shut-eye, but sometimes it’s all about getting more of a break. Again, let’s remind you of the fact that we are of the information age, and this can mean that it’s even more difficult to switch off and ultimately give your brain a break.
However, for the purposes of preserving your memory, this is something that you absolutely have to do. Your brain works in the same way that the rest of your body does; you can’t do it for significantly long periods of time, or it doesn’t develop sufficiently. You need to give it a rest, so that it can recover, and you don’t overload it with information that will eventually cause fatigue.
Method #7 – Turn to paraphrasing
Sometimes, it’s all about how you put information into your brain. As we all know, some people can express themselves better than others, but it’s all about deciphering exactly what these individuals mean.
For example, if someone likes to go around the houses to get their point across, simply learn to pluck out only the required information they are telling you. From this point, your brain is only taking in the important things – and all of the other fluff that might have been put towards you no longer has to be stored there.
Method #8 – Tap into Vinpocetine
If you have followed the advice given in Method #5, there’s every chance that you may have already heard about Vinpocetine. Put simply, this is a plant-based substance which is used throughout all of Europe for the purposes of boosting brain power.
So, what’s the science? Well, Vinpocetine has been found to boost your circulation and decrease inflammation, both of which have been found to indirectly help your memory.
Of course, there are caveats whenever using a substance like this. You should check with your doctor to make sure you are a suitable candidate, as well as sticking to the recommended dosage which is between 5 and 15 mg per day.
Method #9 – The potential wonders of Acetyl-l-carnitine
Staying on the topic of natural ingredients, let’s now turn our attention to Acetyl-l-carnitine. This is actually found in a lot of foods, but studies have shown that it can boost your levels of acetylcholine.
This is a neurotransmitter which can aid your memory and learning. In fact, it has been regularly used as the focal point of several Alzheimer’s studies, with the results indicating that it can effectively treat the symptoms.
Due to the fact that Acetyl-l-carnitine is regularly found within high-protein foods, this is not something that you should be consuming alongside these.
Method #10 – The two F’s
Finally, let’s conclude proceedings with a couple of ingredients which are slightly more well-known to the general population. They come in the form of fish and flaxseed and due to the fact they have high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, this is something that can work wonders for your brain’s function.
For example, in a report by Advances in Nutrition, it was found that both of these omega-3s can succeed in fending off any brain impairments which tend to impact the elderly.
- The Ultimate Guide to Snore-free, Natural Living - July 8, 2019
- 5 Pieces of “Health Advice” to Ignore Like The Plague, Experts Say - January 26, 2019
- 10 Ways to Boost Your Memory & Focus… The Green Way! - January 24, 2019
- The Final Straw: What’s All The Fuss About? - December 4, 2018
- Can The Psychedelic Ayahuasca Help Beat Depression? - August 6, 2018
- 3 Ways to Get The Kids Used to The Great Outdoors - February 18, 2018
- Eating Naturally And Not Scaring Yourself To Death - October 13, 2017
- Living An Organic Lifestyle - October 2, 2017
- Tackling The Common Cold Through Homeopathic Remedies - September 6, 2017
- 6 Ways to Overcome an Upset Stomach With Natural Remedies - September 3, 2017